2018/08/28

'Pony the Orangutan' (Album Mix)

"She Gives You More Pleasure Than A..."

And so we come to this song.
Again, I wish not to be shot for being the messenger. It's not like's my idea to shave an orang-utan and put her to work in a brothel. It's not my idea that there is a 'prostitute village' in Borneo. The world is a far more, deeply fucked up place than we imagined before. We're simply finding out more as the internet enables us to do, but we must also process the horrors in our heads as well, and in my case I obviously chose to write a song about it.

So yeah, no. I'm not advocating or supporting the idea of an orang-utan prostitute.

Over the years I've encountered a lot of indignant people as if somehow the song brought humanity into disrepute. The song doesn't, but the kind knee-jerk moralism thrown around lightly not only does not help the orang-utan, it doesn't really help anybody except the person throwing it around. It's not that I'm unsympathetic, it's just that I'm tired of the moral response that doesn't really produce anything except more argy-bargy.

And yeah, it's mind-warping and revolting.




If you haven't done so already, please go like my facebook page.

No comments:

Blog Archive