2004/03/18

Well, having been quoted by Art as believing we have to step up to the plate I really must accept his invite. I can't say I will be commenting on sport, movies etc unless they bear on more important issues however. ...but then Art is more serious than he pretends too.

Anyway, we may as well leap in the deep end and talk about where we see humanity's future heading in the next 50-100 years (which is what Art & I were talking about when we started this). This kind of mid-long term projection seems to be all but drowned out in the din of Western consumer trashInfo these days. Yet someone has to talk about it! Why we should (or shouldn't) go into space; whether humanity are as masterful as they believe or just NFI.

For myself I think we are an odd mixture of NFI & master but if we want to survive we have to take our eyes OFF the maelstrom around us and get off this rock. I for one am all for getting to Mars ASAP as a first step to the rest of the solar system. ...& I am prepared to explain why at length (but not this morning)

I will however suggest a slightly more directed blog title "50-100 Years". How about it Art?

No comments:

Blog Archive