2004/03/17

First Up!

James Lownie was quick to respond to the launch of this blog and presented us with this, an article about a possible special skills draft.

I'd hate to be some 'special skills' person sitting around doing my dweeby linguist/computer thing to receive one of those from the government. Fortunately for us of course this is being discussed over in the USA, but it has ramifications for us here in Australia too. If indeed the military are short of linguists and computer geeks, it's a matter of time before we see a heavier recruitment drive for such people and if that fails, it would stand to some kind of reason the Australian government (under a coalition government leadership) would look at this sort of solution. Having said that, in my case, I'd only get drafted if the Australians were hard-pressed for interpretters in their invasion of Japan.
Somehow I don't think that's likely.

- Art Neuro

No comments:

Blog Archive