2005/01/16

Friends Abroad
I have avoided making any remarks about the recent Tsunami mainly because I had a substantial number of good friends old and new, in the parts of the world affected by the recent tragedy. In fact, one of them was missing until yesterday and I didn't get confirmation of his safety until this morning.

It seemed a little too glib and irresponsible to comment on what is a momentous tragedy of historic proportions. The only reason I am saying anything about it is because I guess I can happily report that my extended circle that was affected by it were all safe.

Some of my friends who were in India were clearly safe as they were either on the *wrong* (Western) coast, or were sufficiently inland. However, 'Key Psycho' sound man Terry P was scheduled to be in Phuket at the time the tsunami hit and had the rest of us in the cast and crew worried witless until today. It's great to hear he and his girlfriend are alive and well and happened to be far away on that day the tsunami hit.

Anyway, I just want to report everybody in my circle involved at the time, are safe and sound. Thank you to everybody who gave emotional support the last few weeks.

- Art Neuro

No comments:

Blog Archive