2005/01/27

Billy Beane Is My Kind Of GM
Part 3 is Here. :)
Lovely stuff.

Blez: That's why you can't go into the snap judgment as soon as a deal is made.

BB: Right, and that's what is interesting about these trades. And that's what I love, for lack of a better word, about the blogger's world. There is a tendency to really analyze things in detail. Ultimately, because there is so much conversation and investigation on a site like yours, people may not ultimately agree with it, but they stumble onto what you're trying to do. Someone emailed me something written on a Cardinals' blog, and they had nailed all the things we were talking about. The economic reasons, the personnel reasons and the reasons we made the exchange. The world of a Web log will lend itself to a lot of investigation. And you will often stumble across the answer more than someone who has to write in two hours to meet deadline just to make sure something is out in the paper the next day.


George Clooney as Billy Beane? Sure, I'd watch that if somebody called. Then again, I wish, I was making that film. :)

- Art Neuro

No comments:

Blog Archive