2004/08/13

'El Duque' Rides Again, This Time In Texas
Our favourite Cuban has won again, compiling a season record that stands at 5-0, with a 2.08 ERA. He racked up 7 strike outs issuing 3 walks, scattering 4 hits in 7 innings.

Hernandez had a satisfied smile on his face after the game as he recounted his journey from an unemployed pitcher to one of the Yankees' most dependable starters. "I'm not surprised because I work hard. It's a surprise for people who
haven't seen me in a while,'' Hernandez said, pointing at a few reporters.

"I planned on coming back. I'm happy to be here again. My teammates have accepted me with open arms.''


So the magic Cuban did his thing again. He's the only pitcher holding up my sad injury-plagued rotation in my fantasy league team. All hail El Duque!

- Art Neuro

2 comments:

DaoDDBall said...

Yankees 7 for 3 in last 10. Only Cardinals at 8 for 2 is better. Cardinals are 13 games ahead, next to Yankees 10.5 This is the make up to the fan's world series.

So how come the US missed the Olympics?

Art Neuro said...

They lost a crucial game to Mexico, 2-1 in the qualifiers last year. That sent Canada, Mexico and Cuba to the Athens Olympics
Some say they tanked in order not to expose their minor leaguers to the drugs probes that come with the Olympics. Hard to say if the conspiracy theory is true, but you have to understand that MLB doesn't need another steroid scandal this year.

Blog Archive