2004/08/26

Cuba Wins Gold But El Duque Is Not So Lucky
Our favourite magic Cuban Orlando Hernandez took the mound once more, this time against the Cleveland Indians. The Yankees lost a close game 4-3.

El Duque was riding a streak in which the yankees were without a loss forhis 8 starts, but this time relief pitcher Tom Gordon blew the lead. Hernandez pitched 6 inning, striking out 2, but walking 4, giving up 2 runs on 5 hits. The box score tells us he scuffled and struggled and soon hit his 100 pitch limit that they have him on.
Still, he is without a loss now in 9 starts, and that's a bit of an anomaly.

Orlando Hernandez was asked at the time of the Sydney 2000 Olympics if he missed pitching for Cuba's natinal team. He responded, "Why would I miss it? I'm pitching for the New York Yankees. Why would I want to pitch anywhere else?"
He didn't mean it as a money issue, he meant it as an issue of greater glory to be had, hurling for the pinstripes. There's something very comforting in that thought.

- Art Neuro

4 comments:

Risu said...

I am very angry right now. I was promised a blog on space policy. This had to do with the olympics. You mentioned that there is an occasional blog pertaining to sports, but shouldn't you at least somehow relate it to Australia's space policies? I should rip your tits off.

Risu said...

I am very angry right now. I was promised a blog on space policy. This had to do with the olympics. You mentioned that there is an occasional blog pertaining to sports, but shouldn't you at least somehow relate it to Australia's space policies? I should rip your tits off.

Risu said...

I am very angry right now. I was promised a blog on space policy. This had to do with the olympics. You mentioned that there is an occasional blog pertaining to sports, but shouldn't you at least somehow relate it to Australia's space policies? I should rip your tits off.

Art Neuro said...

I've been thinking that the first fortnight where there's very little space news, somebody drops in and slags us off for not writing about space stuff. I mean holy cow, it's not like there's been any movement on the polciy front. Nobody's heard from NSSA, and it's not as if we're not having our ears to the ground.

Blog Archive