2009/01/23

Life's Moments

Peter Abraham Is A Righteous Man

I don't say that lightly. There's this entry here that brought a smile to my face. I want to quote the best bit:
If you ever read Todd’s blog, you know he enjoyed capturing those moments that make New York so unique. I experienced one of those snatches of time on the subway headed uptown to the service.

A subway preacher stood up in the car next to where I was and launched into an impassioned sermon about the coming rapture and our need to repent. I turned up the volume on my iPod and tried to lose myself in The Hold Steady.
But this subway savior was persistent and he looked right at me. “What do you believe?” he asked. “What do you believe?”

That’s not a question you want to answer without some time to prepare. So I said the first thing that came to mind.

“I believe the Yankees should keep Robinson Cano,” I said.

A middle-aged guy with a beard and a Yankees cap was sitting a few seats away. “Amen, brother,” he said with a chuckle.
The train rumbled into the station and we all went on our way.
Had Todd been there, I think he would have gotten a kick out of it.

Amen to that.

No comments:

Blog Archive