2008/07/14

No More Arnie Movies?

This Is Totally Disappointing

As the Presidential campaign continues in the US, I saw this article on Google News.
Governor Schwarzenegger of California may have endorsed Senator McCain for president, but he is signaling that he may be willing to serve in the Cabinet of a President Obama. Appearing on ABC's "This Week" yesterday, the Republican governor was asked if he would accept an offer from Mr. Obama to be an energy or environmental czar in his administration. "I'm always ready to help in any way I can the United States," Mr. Schwarzenegger said. Although he supports Mr. McCain, he said he would take Mr. Obama's call "now, and I'd take his call when he's president, anytime." The former bodybuilder and box office star-turned-politician said he was done with acting and was committed to a career in public service even after his tenure at the California statehouse ends. Mr. Schwarzenegger has staked out a reputation as a moderate who has railed against partisanship in Washington. He praised both candidates for moving to the political center during the general election and even for changing their positions on some issues, saying that "flip-flopping gets a bad rap."
The bold and italic bit is my editing. I just want to express how disappointed I am in finding out he has no more interest in acting. I never, EVER, thought I would come to this day, but this is sorry news on a sorry day indeed.

No comments:

Blog Archive