2008/07/18

A Heckler Says...

AussieProductsSux.net?

Here's an entry into the herald by some funny person who derides all things Aussie-made but kicks off her rant with the film industry thus:
ONCE again I have suffered through an appalling Australian film. No need to identify the culprit, because we all know how the Australian genre of late is concerned in the main with addicts, the abused, the dispossessed and the unhappy, expressed through overacting and directorial pulling of the pud.

What are they trying to teach us? That the vast majority of us live inauthentic lives because we are not all unhappy junkies?

I would love to support Australian industry, but I am so often stung. At Country Road I can't spend any dollars because, no matter what the cost, the size 16s are finished. The 16s are size 14 with a 16 tag, I think, so more pieces can be made from a single bolt of cloth. Other Australian clothing labels have threads hanging or even buttons missing. At one "quality" shop in the QVB recently, I was told it would be simpler if I just sewed on the missing button.
I told you so.

No comments:

Blog Archive