2008/07/21

Just A Thought I Had

Red Sox Sucks!

Just the other day as I unpacked my old baseball cards to look for Bobby Murcer, I also found Carlton Fisk, Fred Lynn, Jim Rice and Carl Yastrzemski. And as I looked at them it occurred to me that I didn't hate these guys at all. I really liked them - back then and even today. I really loved it when my guys beat these guys, but I didn't hate these guy by any stretch of the imagination. I really liked them. They were excellent players, and through my owning cards of them, they made me a happier kid. It's not sentimentalism, it's just my own feeling about this.

So, even if I do go on about how the Red Sox suck (and that they do, on principle), that's just partisan posturing like booing the Joker on screen. Well, Batman ain't Batman without the Joker. The Yankees aren't the Yankees without the Red Sox.

Hate is different. What I really hate in sports are stupid fans, Soccer Referees and Olympic Closing Ceremonies.

No comments:

Blog Archive