2023/05/05

She Used To Live Right Next Door

Geez it's Been A While

Let's see now. April sucked completely. On Good Friday our cat ran away and so we spent the next 17 days in a distracted-depressing-daze, looking for the cat. We eventually recovered her so that was okay but it ruined Easter. That ordeal was an utter drag. 

I still hate my job. It sucks dogs balls.  If I were to pinpoint it, I'd say I hate working for my boss. She means well and she can be nice and understanding but in most part she is a painful pedant with a penchant for power harassment. I've been looking for other work, but so far I've only had 1 interview and didn't land the job. 

I also had the flu since we last spoke. That sucked too. At least it wasn't Covid - although you can't really trust the RATs. I got my Pfizer shot in Mid-April, so at least I don't have to worry too much about the Omicron variant killing me this year.  

A lot of my spare time has been consumed by doing small repairs and assembling bookcases. One view is I have too much old fashioned physical media. The other view is that our old physical media has this wonderful ability to tell us where our minds have been. Judging from the spines of my books, I think I've been t medieval Scandinavia a lot, and a whole bunch of places imagined by Philip K. Dick. 

Some good news... the punk band I formed with some people called WhatEva has been gigging a little bit. We've been doing support and playing in some private functions. We even won a little band comp at the Moshpit. 

Come join the fun.

No comments:

Blog Archive