2023/03/19

San Diego Freeway

A Long Time Ago In Another Lifetime

Around the time I left AFTRS, I took a trip out to La-La Land. It was an eye-opener. I hung out for a few days and did some meetings. I got told afterwards that there's something called piss theory whereby if you're in the building of a major Hollywood Studio and you're taking a piss in one of their toilets you're doing something right. I think that pee I took at 20th Century Fox's lot was possibly the high point then. 

At some point I took my rental car down to San Diego and then across the border to Tijuana where tourists go. I had a lot of time to sort of just think about what I had experienced and somehow didn't think about what I was going to do next. That's the problem of being traumatised - your trauma dictates what bandwidth you have to figure out the serious things. One thing I can see now is that I'm incredibly bad at this 'career' thing. 

Tijuana back then was funny-sad, unlike some other places I had been to at that point in my life. It struck me that in life we all carry our heartaches into the next day like some Kerouac novel, and so I ended up with this song. 

Come join the fun!


No comments:

Blog Archive