2008/05/15

Update

Yup, I'm Writing Again
It was my New Years' resolution to write more this yar, but the thing is you need a bit of mental space to do it. I've sort of cleared the decks of musical projects for now so I need to knuckle down and write scripts, but it's been hard with the day job and whatnot. There are so many aggravating things in life, like DIMIA and Visas and all else day-job-related stuff. Anyway, I have a few days off and already I've started writing stuff.

Today I trotted off to the library to get a concentrated load of writing in, and I feel great. I'm fixing the script I've been working on with Kendal. There have been all these notes that I've had in my head for months and I simply haven't had the mental space to just dive into them.

Fortuitously I've also been co-opted into a group of screenwriters trying to hatch a group project so we'll sort of see how that one goes. I'm kind of interested in how that one could go as it has some ties to money in NZ. We're trying to get a low budget movie for direct-to-DVD sort of markets. Definitely genre, definitely simple.

Also, my parody of self-help books, 'Happiness is Easy' needs to be typed up. My in-tray is effectively full, so I really needed to geton with this stuff. There's a lot to get done in the next few days before I trudge back to my day-job.

Logic Studio
I've ordered the software package known as Logic Studio. Once I get this I shall be... back to square one learning how to do stuff. It's been a while coming but I've been feeling a little scared of jumping into the deep end and ordering this fully Pro Audio thing. I mean, how will I ever make that time and money commitment back? (Never) Haven't I recorded my best songs already? or am I going to try and do it all again with Logic? A bit scary just to think.

At the same time I've been feeling I've hit the production limit with the range of software I've been working with Garageband is nice and all, but I need far more mixing control than it has; and pumping out sounds to Sound Track Pro, track by track for the mix was getting to be a real bore. It would be much better to have one software to rule them all.

Then there's the issue of samplers and synthesizers: I can't afford multitudes of hardware versions of these things, so I need something with some oomph in the software versions. So you can see I was due. I have high hopes for this package.

No comments:

Blog Archive