2004/06/08

The Old School Way
I remember Hall of Famer Carlton Fisk playing catcher for the Red Sox. I remember those heady September clashes; the knockdowns; the so-called rivalry (it's more one-sided than the word rivalry implies); the Boston Massacre; the Bucky "F." Dent homer. I remember it all so dearly, but I never saw 'Neion Deion' Sanders.

This is a true-to-the-bone Old School rant by Carton Fisk. :)
This bit cracked me up:

I said, "There's a right way and a wrong way to play the game, and you're playing it wrong. And guess what? It offends guys like me. So if you don't play this friggin' game right, I'm going to kick your (butt) right here at home plate of Yankee Stadium."

And why I would say that to a guy wearing the Yankee uniform, after wearing the Red Sox uniform all the time, I don't know. But there's a certain respect for the game, the Yankees, Yankee Stadium, the tradition.
LOL.

- Art Neuro

2 comments:

DaoDDBall said...

spoken as a died in the wool conservative

Art Neuro said...

He's not dead yet. :)

Though the man with whom Fisk had a ferocious rivalry, Thurman Munson is long gone, I respect Fisk because he's always only ever said good things about Munson even though they were very acrimonious during their playing careers. I think Fisk even supports the cause of Munson being allowed in the Hall of Fame.

Blog Archive