2006/05/01

Waiting To Win You Over


Yep, I'm Still Trying To Win You All Over
I've posted up my 're-mix' of the song 'Waiting To Win You Over' by The Kind Strangers at iCompositions. As usual, the only remaining element from the original is the vocal track. The rest is me on guitars and bass with some drum loops strung together.

Please go and check it out as it features my new Duesenberg Guitar in the left channel as rhythm and in the centre when the obligatory lead break comes screaming in. The right channel noodling away is my Strat - I tend to play like that on my Strat.
The bass... well you know me and bass playing. The usual Brontosaurus stuff.

Today's Mailbag - Steroid Blues
This gem came in from Walk-Off HBP. This bit had me in stitches:
CONGRESSMAN
It is my suggestion
That you answer the question

(McGWIRE cannot answer. He is crying. Other baseball players do answer, one by one. They swing bats as they testify.)

JASON GIAMBI
I apologize, I apologize.
I'll tell it to you straight:
My dream in life is hitting
More than .208.

SAMMY SOSA
I never did it in Chicago.
It's something I abhor.
I packed my bags and happily
Moved off to Baltimore.

RAFAEL PALMIERO
I never did it as an Oriole.
It's something I abhor
I packed my bags and happily
Departed Baltimore.
(I left in '98 and came back in 2004.)

JOSE CANSECO
Do I use? Of course!
I'm as big as a freaking horse.
But not all muscles
Are created equal.
I would be remiss
If I didn't mention this:
My testicles (and the resticles)
have experienced some shrinkage.
To illustrate their horrendous fate
You'd have to have an average man stand next to Peter Dinklage.

JASON GIAMBI
I apologize, I apologize.
I just can't say what for.
Mark: You can stop crying.
You're not talking anymore.
Heh. Juicin' Giambi gets his dues. The Barry bi however is a bit soft:
BARRY BONDS
Once upon a time there was a man named Aaron.
Once upon a time before there was a man named Ruth.
The first one makes some sense—there are lots of men named Aaron.
The second one, I am assured, is strange but still the truth.

I raise the issue of these men for one specific reason.
Both of them are very great but not as great as me.
One hit seven fourteen, the other seven fifty-five.
I'll end up with eight hundred. You just wait and see.

Oh ...
Some still doubt
I can hit them out
Without the help of drugs.
Have you seen me swing?
I am everything.
Those pinhead racist thugs.
I insist
When I top the list
Of the best to play this game,
The clear that I took
Shouldn't keep me from the record book.
Children far and wide should know my name.
How do we feel about this? I still don't know. Baseball was the one sport where steroids weren't out-lawed until very recently, so you sort of wonder about the sudden moralising that has burst out over the records of these men. On the other hand, it behooves baseball to stick its head in the sand on the issue of steroids and other performance enhancing drugs when every sport on the planet is fighting to stem the effect of PEDs, so I can understand the indignation form the general sports an public. It was obscene. Even with a hot-hitting April, I find Giambi a lot more prickly to cuddle to my heart than say, Johnny F*ckin Damon.

Shark Story
Some months ago I related how a male Great White Shark's corpse washed up (make sure you click "show original post" and it's at the bottom of the entry) into the canals of Kawasaki city in Japan. It was a pretty big beastie.

Well, they've sent it to a taxidermist and got it stuffed and now it's on display. The thing is 4.81m long making it the second largest Great White Shark on record.

No comments:

Blog Archive