2006/01/13

My JAXA Trip

I've been rather busy and unable to post too much stuff here, so my deepest apologies.

It's been on the cards for a month now, but it's suddenly looking solid. I'm going to tag along on a shoot covering the 15th of Feb launch of the HII-A Rocket from Tanegashima Space Center (amongst other things). So hopefully, I'll be able to bring back some pictures for your all to see, andd hopefully some interesting insigght into Japan's Space Program which got revamped.

The more I reflect on it, the more I feel Australia let go of something big when they actually had Woomera running sending satellites into space and then stopped following it up. Australia was the fourth nation into space and it has to be said that we're nowhere near clawing back the lost distance. The lack of vision in this country is dissappointing on both sides of the political fence and there doesn't seem to be a single politician even remotely conversant with Space policy beyond satellite bandwidths. It's truly pathetic.
Anyway, that's my rant of the day.

No comments:

Blog Archive