2005/10/07

New Music Link Announcement



Archiving Some Old Stuff
I've decided against sticking my old recordings on to iCompositions. the reason is primarily to do with the fact that I don't want to put stuff up that's sonically inferior, one after the other, having already put up some stuff that's already acquired a small audience. I don't really want to be putting them off.
Indeed, Chris did say 6 months ago that the page I've got should only have the best stuff I can produce because of this audience factor; something to which I was sort of... well, insensitive. but now that the IC3 version of the site is up and there is a lot of inter-artist interaction, I don't want to send confusing messages out there.

So I've decided to go to another music site entirely (MacIdol) and start afresh. I'll be posting up my 'Noise From The Bedroom' series of recordings which basically picks over the bones of the stuff I recorded years ago on 4 track, plus some old demo tapes that went nowhere, plus some other odds and ends that really don' relate to my musical persona that is active on iCompostions. If somebody from iComp should happen to stumble upon it, I figure it'd be a bit of a laugh.

MacIdol doesn't seem to have as robust an inter-artist communication so it serves the purpose of being an archival site for me.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know there's a new link on the right hand column. :)

No comments:

Blog Archive