2005/06/10

Summoned
This is funny. I got summoned to jury duty for the first time in a decade and a bit. The last time I got summoned I was at Film School and so coud generate a pretty legitimate reason I couldn't be there. The school had its own Justice of the Peace (an elderly bloke in security) who was most happy to sign that I should be excused.

Today, I'm a self-employed Filmmaker dude so that in itself kind of rules me out from having any real recourse to get out of jury duty; and frankly to tell you the truth, I have a sickly little fascination to find out what it's like to really be in court as an observer without being the perp, and having a reason to be there. In short, it's good research. So hopefully, I want in on this jury (if indeed they select them like they do in Hollywood movies) and get a box seat view of legal proceedings. I hope it's grizzly multiple homicide involving a drug lord and machine guns and machetes. Might help me with a film script one day. I'm telling you, you can't knock back opportunities like this one. Maybe I'll get sequestered and stuff. Woohoo. To get myself really motivated, I'm going to watch '12 Angry Men' and 'Runaway Jury' again. :)
So... watch this space.

- Art Neuro

No comments:

Blog Archive