2004/11/11

Like many people I have difficulty understanding how Bush won the election at a time when he was so unpopular. Here, here and here are articles that offer an explanation. GWB fans might not want to read them, because the explanation involves Republican skullduggery and outright fraud.

Then again, there's nothing a red blooded conservative likes more than saying nasty things about "liberals", and I'm sure plenty of cause for that can be found in the material I referenced. So maybe there is something for everyone.

James

3 comments:

Art Neuro said...

Hi James.
Good to see you on these pages!
You missed the real battle a few days ago. :)

cheers

James said...

Yeah, I saw that. It's kind of interesting how it reflects the polarisation of these times.

Art Neuro said...

I agree totally.

I think everybody feels a little hemmed in by the polarisation of the discourses. It was only a few years ago that this sort of stuff wasn't a major *issue*. You know, we used to get on with out lives and sort of mind our own politics and not have rabid arguments.

Now, I can imagine now what the 1930s must have been like. :)

Blog Archive