2022/03/29

T01-700D

"What Did You Do During the Pandemic?" 

First of all I did a lot of remixing and re-mastering of stuff that happened during the late iComp era. That's basically stuff from 2012-2016 or so. But I also recorded  bunch of new songs and that's now out as an album 'Cosmic Orphans'. All in all I think I recorded or re-mixed and then re-mastered somewhere around 50 tracks. It's a lot to have swimming around in your head over 18-24 months. I've only recently started to divest my brain out of those 50 tracks. I really can't tell you what exactly I did during the lockdowns but I tell you what, I did a lot of these tracks, getting them ready for release. It was pretty gruelling in parts, and the time went flying by.

I guess it's good to keep yourself busy. You end up outputting a lot of work. It's not exactly the kind of luxury you expect, but it worked out quite alright.  

I also did a lot of Doom Scrolling during the various lockdowns in the last 24 months. If you are already a news junky, Doom Scrolling is just a natural extension of the thing you did when there was print newspapers and news channels worth watching. 

One of the news items was how astronomers had found this planet that seems habitable by human standards. The only problem is that it's so damn faraway. The great irony during lockdown was to know you couldn't really go anywhere and these scientists were worrying about how to get to this faraway planet. I guess that's life - irony abounds if you just look. 

Come Join the Fun!

No comments:

Blog Archive