2022/03/31

Kingston Biscuits

Changing Jobs

Yeah so thing thing happened and I'm going to go work over at UTS from tomorrow. Still a bit stunned that it happened, but that's the nature of life. Everything has a way of changing on you. 

It was a bit weird working in Chatswood. It made me feel like I hadn't really traveled far in my life since leaving High School. Being back in Chatswood for work took me back to when I had jobs there as a teenager. It's all a bit confronting when it's like that. So now I'm graduating Chatswood all over again and going to a university campus again. 

Maybe life is just cyclical. Maybe I'm getting a second chance. Maybe it's just all coincidence. 

Screw You, Arnott's

Back in the day, I knew this lovely girl (no irony, she really was lovely). She was from the lower North Shore, had gone to good schools, and had a good thinking head on her shoulders. She was an astute observer and had funny takes on things. One of them was that the Kingston biscuit was the North Shore Girl's ultimate biscuit. She reasoned, it's because it has a little bit of everything, and so it is like a good investment; it seems like it pays the biggest dividend. North Shore Girls being North Shore Girls, cannot resist this as a value proposition - according to her. 

First it had the chocolate cream, and anything chocolate is better value than vanilla. Then there were the actual biscuits that had the coconut flakes subtly mixed in with a rough rolled oat and butter - much like little Anzac biscuits. You couldn't fault it for all round flavour value. It's not over-invested in one direction or another. The fine sense of balance made it much better than say, the orange cream thing in the Arnott's assorted pack tray. (I myself am quite okay with the orange cream thing, but others it turns out loathe it).

Somehow this notion of a perfectly balanced biscuit as a metaphor for what North Shore Girls like, stuck in my mind for years and years. 


Come Join The Fun!

No comments:

Blog Archive