2019/01/21

'This Is Your Afterlife Now'

Edited to Add...

Hey, this is the 2500th post of this blog. How amazing is that? Not really? Okay then.
Just thought I'd mention it while I had it in my mind.
if you're one that's read a whole bunch of those entries, many, many many thanks to you for your support!

Humourless At Gaza

When your friends are dying, you're in no mood to write jolly songs of jest and jokes. Not even to cheer them up. You see them put a brave face on it and it lulls you into a false sense of security about being-ness and existence. It's a crock. Death comes as surely as Benjamin Franklin's adage about taxes. If you think I was in a heavy funk about things and writing a bunch of downer songs here, you'd be right. Except on some level, I was trying to get out of writing about my problems with life and death, I was just simply coming up with fictions about fictional characters and their deaths. In some ways, that's how sublimation works.

The character in this song has committed suicide and is freshly dead, but experiences their consciousness drifting off as they hang. It's like the definition of morbid, but there you go.
I did enjoy banging on the keyboard like it was a piano. It's the small things in life that keep you hooked in to the good bits.



Come join the fun at Spotify.

No comments:

Blog Archive