2019/01/19

'Funeral and Birth'

You're Born, You Live, You Die

Sorry to be a downer this early in the year. It starts funny sometimes, but that's not the plan.

Here's a song about the cycle of life. The weekend my friend's father passed away also saw the birth of my nephew. It had me thinking about the coincidence and the possible meaning that could be drawn from it. No, I'm not talking reincarnation -  besides which, I think my nephew was born before my friend's father passed away. All the same, people come and go and life really is like some kind of revolving door. Maybe it is like one giant Hotel California.

Last year was bit tougher than the cycle of life and birth, I lost a couple of friends to cancer, and there's really not much you can do about it when it happens, but to mourn. I feel I spent pretty much most of the year last year putting it together in my head as to how to go forward in life without these people. You make do emotionally and you make changes practically, and you learn to live with it pragmatically.





Oh, by the way, I can embed a Spotify playlist apparently, so here it is:



No comments:

Blog Archive