2008/11/11

Welcome To My New Blog (And Don't Expect Too Much)

Hey, It's Free!

art-neuro-icon-5b

After much to-ing and fro-ing in my mind, I've finally made the move to Wordpress.

What took me so long to see the light? Mostly it was the fact that blogger hadn't done anything significantly wrong with me or my previous 3 blogs. The familiarity part was such that I essentially grew as a blogger as blogger matured into what it is today - a kind of stew of options and ideas thrown together as it evolved - and with it my most recent blog 'Flaming Horses' started to become a little unwieldy.

The other reason for a change is that the last year has been a renewal phase phase for me. I recently had a car accident, and that led to a new car. I've replaced my mobile phone a few months back. I've bought a new iPod - the episode of which, is one of the last things I wrote over at 'Flaming Horses'. The world got a new President to start work next year - he looks like a cool change. Even Australia got it's new Prime Minister a year ago, and amazingly the novelty hasn't worn off yet, even though I'm not exactly his biggest fan. During the 4 years I was at Blogger coincided with my own desire to write down my objections to the recent spate of conservative rule in the free world. Okay, Blair and Brown's New Labour wasn't/aren't exactly conservative, but they did go into Iraq lockstep with G.W. Bush and co., while life in Australia saw some pretty extraordinary turn of events. I wrote a lot of unhappy stuff, and in due course I found my blog reading like a litany of complaints about the world. And I was most unhappy with that.

Now with the arrival of Barack Obama as President elect, I figured it was time to wipe the slate clean. Start afresh for the new Progressive regime. Be a bit more fun.

Things I Will Carry Over

There are some stylings I've glommed on to at the old blogs which I'll continue. I'm going to continue to  do the 'Movie Doubles' where i talk about 2 movies at once trying to draw some new readings out of them; I'll still give you links to 'My Song of The Week', though with my work schedule it's likely to be 'song of the month' at time. I'll write about the same old stuff as before, so coming here and making the change might seem like a superficial thing, but I promise I'll work harder to entertain you all.

I'll be posting fewer pics. This is because there's actually a nasty little 3GB limit before I have to start paying for space, which sort of sucks. On the other hand, if I should reach 3GB, it might be after I've posted way too much on here anyway. It's hard to judge. If I do hit that 3GB mark, I'll just move on and make another blog. :)

Tests

As with all these things, I'll also be doing some tests. Hopefully they won't annoy the crap out of you.

3 comments:

artneuro said...

Testing. Annoying, I know. But I want to make sure it's working.

solguy said...

Looking forward to your new blog style Art. Glad you made the move to wordpress.

thatactionguy said...

"Bring on 2009" yells the Jaded Auteur! :)

Blog Archive