2008/09/19

My Yankee Fan Day In Sydney

Take Off That Hat If You Don't Know Anything About It, You Shit!

I pulled up at the lights next to a guy in a swish looking car. He had a Yankee cap on.
So I asked him, "Did they win today?"
"I don' know," he said.
"Did Moose win no. 18?"
"What?" he responded
"They were up 7-1 when I left home.," I yelled.
"I don't know. I don't watch it."
"So you don't know if Jeter got a hit?"
"Who?"
"Derek Jeter..."
The the lights changed. So we drove off on our merry ways.

One of these days I want to make a doco where I ask people in Sydney a bunch of Yankee related questions and get their responses. They shouldn't be wearing those Yankee caps if they don't know who Derek Jeter is.

Moose won No.18 for the season.

1 comment:

Knowledge is Power said...

I know exactly what you mean.

I have given up asking people wearing surf t-shirts "what sort of board they ride" because more often than not they don't surf, don't have a board and their bleached hair is more likely a result of using lemon juice or some 'product' and the artificial light of their office cubicle.

Blog Archive