2008/04/15

Sick In Bed

I Ought To Be
But I keep turning up to work, because I just have to. No 2 ways about it. Doesn't leave me with much energy at the end of the day to sit and think about something interesting to say about the world.

I'm slowly working on a cover of 'Carolina Hardcore Ecstasy'. It takes time to untangle the complex arrangements that Frank Zappa rendered on his songs. I don't know why I like this song so much, in as much as it's simply an ode to obscure sexual practices, yet somehow the song manages to spell out the miracle of lust. I guess I got really inspired to do it when I saw Dweezil Zappa's band work their ay through it and suddenly it didn't look as complicated as the other songs in the Zappa repertoire.

The other thing I'm working on is a version of 'How Many More Times' with Dave Millard in England. He'll do the vocals and I'll do the rest. Should be fun. Anyway, you can all expect that in iComp in the next few weeks. Until then, I'll try and get better.

No comments:

Blog Archive