2008/04/05

Fantasy Season

3 Teams, No Idea

The Jack Kerouac Memorial League is a schmozzle this year, partly because nobody was around and also because I've been busy as hell so it became one job too many to organise. As a result, the league is in an experiment this year. people have carried over their entire teams from 2007. So it's a Keeper League with 25 keepers and no draft. Pretty much like a real MLB team.
So we'll see.

I've also been roped into another 5x5 Roto league where they keep 6 players. Amazingly, apart from Jose Reyes, Takashi Saito and Alex Gordon, I only had junk to keep so this team is going to be a work in progress. OTOH, the draft went very well and I now have Hughes, IPK and Joba as well as Posada and Abreu. I also have Andre Ethier and Broxton from the Dodgers to go with the Yankees squad, so the team should be called The Donkees.
I like my chances of a top 3 finish with that one - I won't win homers or SB, but I'm in line to contest for a lead in W and Ks.
I've called my team the Ligers in honor of nothing so much as indecision. I wanted a bland kind of name, mayb with a big cat but didn't want to be 'Lions' or 'Tigers' so 'Ligers' it was.

The third team is a mystery league on the CBS site with a weekly roster change. My team was auto-drafted so I actually have excess shortstop and hardly any pitching. Yes, I have Reyes AND Derek Jeter as well as Yunesky Betancourt. So far, nobody has offered a trade, even though I've placed Betancourt on the block. I think I'll stink up this league. In fact, early signs are already there. I'm trwling the bottom badly this week. It's had to get anything going from the FA pool so far.

Fuk-U-Dome!
Kosuke Fukudome has an unfortunate spelling, but he can sure bat. His start with the Cubs this year has been with a bang, so I've picked him up in the JKM league. I even drafted him as a whim without knowing
where I'd play him in the 2nd Yahoo League. It's been sweet in 3 games. 159 to go!

AFL Fantasy
The Combat Wombats are back in the PJ League. This year I drafted guys I sort of recognised from my team last year - so it's really a continuation of the Combat Wombats who won the bottom half premiership. Wouldn't you know it, they've already sunk out of the Top 8 in the first 2 rounds. 1 more round to go before the Head to Head starts.
While I don't watch much AFL, I've actually been looking forward to coming back to this league. Its simplicity complements the complexities of trying to figure out the Jack Kerouac Memorial League.

No comments:

Blog Archive