2008/04/20

Fantasy Teams Report

Got The Phil Hughes Blues

I drank the Brian Cashman koolaid. I have Phil Hughes in both my Yahoo leagues, and he's pitching up a stink. After 1 great start which catapulted my teams to the top in the first few days, he's had 3 bad starts and his ERA is now 8.82 and a 0-3 record. Worse still, I have Ian Kennedy on all three teams and he's posted a 9.64 ERA as well. I also have Chamberlain in 2 of these leagues and he's been away for better part of the last week, so I've hardly had him come in and blow hitters away.

I planned my season around the troika, just as the Yankees did and right now, I'm being 'rewarded' with copious earned runs and absolute lack of stuff with a bloated WHIP every outing from Hughes and Kennedy. Chamberlain on the other hand has been electric, but he's simply not been around much. Judging from the results, it seems theyoung starters get into a lot of bad counts and are forced to throw down the middle and get hit. Yesterday's outing from Hughes was more encouraging until he let things slip in the 6th, but essentially they need to challenge the hitters more. easy to say, hard to do, I'm sure - but my entire season as well as the Yankees is resting on these guys doing a lot better (or in Chamberlain's case, just more) than they have to date. Who knows? By the end of May they may have picked it up and we may look upon this shaky start to the season as nothing but just that.

I guess it's not like I had the choice of trading for Santana, though. I wonder how Cashman is feeling right now.

My Life In The AFL Bush Of Ghosts
The hardest thing each year with the AFL league each year is to stock a side that actually hits the field and plays. because you only get 2 substitutions a week, and most weeks go by with at least some star sitting it out. It's weird. In the head to head rounds I've already taken a drubbing because 4 of my forwards sat last week. It's just hell when that happens.

No comments:

Blog Archive