2008/02/06

Super Tuesday

I Don't Get This, Dude

In my neck of the woods, many of my friends think it would be good if Barrack Obama got up over Hillary Clinton. I'm actually surprised at the swell of support Mr. Obama gets from those around me. Now, I'm not a Hillary supporter as you know, and I'm sure as hell not a Republican supporter. Indeed, my horse isn't even running in this race, and that's Mr. Al Gore - Well, that's according to a questionaire I took on News.com.au. : my concerns lineup the most with those of Mr. Gore. A distant second was Mrs. Clinton, and not Mr. Obama. That was a little surprising.

Heck, even the Kennedys have flocked in force to support him, and not the 'Billary' election machine. This must mean that Mr. Obama is the keen-bean candidate for the idealistic, the youthful, the change-desiring sort. It's very strange to me. It seems to me that in a fight for Political Correctness, a White Woman should trump a Black Man any day. (Oddly enough, even the white women around me think Barrack Obama is a better candidate than Hilary Clinton. Weird. )
Mr. Obama has won the primary in Georgia, and people are rushing to count him the winner.
Georgia: Senator Barack Obama won the Georgia Democratic primary today, boosting his bid for the party's US presidential nomination by defeating rival Hillary Clinton in a key Southern state where the two had actively courted black voters, US media projected.

Georgia was the first state to go for Obama in voting on Super Tuesday, so-called because nearly half of the US states are holding contests to choose Republican or Democratic candidates for the November general election.

The bit I really don't get is this: If Barrack Obama becomes the POTUS, it won't be long before he's in some motorcade somewhere in the South and a portable missile launched from a grassy knoll finds its way into his face and explodes. I mean, there are a lot of crazy racist white people out there in America. Does this guy really want to win and chance these possibilities?

I mean do people, especially Americans, really believe that their nation has come such a long way as to accept a black man as POTUS? Or is it a case whereby even a black man is better than a woman?
I just think voting for Barrack Obama is like voting for the big disappointment for when he gets whacked.

White Chicks

As the day has gone on, it's looking a bit more in favor of Hillary. The thing that depresses me about the Hillary candidacy apart from how predictable it was for her to run in 2008, is how she would be going into the White House with all the baggage from the previous Clinton administrations. If you add in 2 terms with GW Bush and 1 term of George Herbert Walker Bush, we're talking about 5 going on 6 terms of the Presidency being shared between two families/households. Regardless of personal merit, this does not reflect well on the health of American politics - it screams 'oligarchy' . So the other thing that I just don't get is how little choice there is in any of this stuff, and how it all came to pass.

Maharishi Dead at 91

The Not So-Sexy-Anymore-Sadie, the Maharishi has passed away.
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, the Indian guru to the Beatles and millions of meditators, has died at his home in the Dutch town of Vlodrop, a spokesman says.

"He died peacefully at about 7pm (0500 Wednesday AEDT)," spokesman Bob Roth said late yesterday.

Roth said the cause of death was yet to be established, but it appeared to be "natural causes, his age".

He probably took the drugs Heath Ledger took. All Things Must Pass.

No comments:

Blog Archive