2007/08/28

My Songs Of The Week

Art Plays The Blues?

Yep, 2 songs this week.
I know that me playing the straight blues is as incongruous as Chebacca throwing out the first pitch. And yet, this week's track is a straight up blues created on the new Magic Garageband setup in the new iLife'08 suite of software. I was only fooling around with it when the urge to simply hit out and play the blues overcame me and this is the end result.

I know some of you have probably never heard me play a straight up blues in a long, long time, so this might be a change for pace.

Americans, Redux

My other track this week is a reworking of Americans.
This is the final incarnation of the version in C. Coelacanth is working up a new version in A for various reasons which boils down to Chella can sing it better in that key. So I'll be mixing an entirely new version in A, sometime soon.

In the mean time, I didn't really want to throw away the backing vocals and pharmakeus' lead guitar work, so I've worked up this version with me singing the main vocal line and playing bass and also the nylon-string guitar in the opening and closing section.

No comments:

Blog Archive