2006/10/06

Funny Because It's So Wrong

Who Is Sandi Thorn?

She must be really, really young and ignorant. Either that or I'm an old, old fart. I was watching the music video TV on Saturday morning and this piece of crud came on. It's a pretty ghastly piece of music, but what was worse was the sentiment and the lyrics.
Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
In '77 and '69 revolution was in the air
I was born too late into a world that doesn't care
Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
That had me in stitches. A punk with flowers in their hair? She's talking about hippies, not punks. How did the producer let that through? How did the record label let that one through?
I guess getting something that wrong is a way to get yourself known - Lady, it's one thing to lament you were born too late, but eulogising your parent's generation is really creepy, especially when you get it this wrong.

2 comments:

jeronimus said...

My thoughts exactly, Art.

Makes me feel very old when
punk rock, a phenomenon contempory
with my youth, is so distant
in this girl's mind that it
has been utterly occluded
by the mists of time.

jeronimus said...

make that "contemporary"

Blog Archive