2005/05/26


Willie The Pimp
I have done a version of Frank Zappa's classic guitar-excess track from the 'Hot Rats' album from 1969. It's obscene lyrics followed by seven or so minutes of guitar overdose. I go hell for leather in this version; as Frank did in the original. It's an epic 9 minutes 38 seonds. I certainly didn't skimp on the effort I tell you. Took me all of three days.

I played it to Pleiades and Mrs. Pleiades; and they were both quite delighted by it as they have actually seen Frank playing live on stage and they thought it compared well enough to merit a thumb's up. Now that's very flattering. I do promise that you won't walk away feeling like there isn't enough guitar playing going on. It's got the highest gnat-note-swarm density of anything I've ever played. It also features my first ever slide guitar solo in recording (whatever that's worth).

So please check it out at iCompositions. You can simply click on my badge to the right to go to my artist page and there, you should find a link to the track... unless they've taken it down already.
- Art Neuro

No comments:

Blog Archive