2005/03/07

Flightless Astronautical Crew
46 of the current 142 astronauts are yet to fly in space. Some may never fly in the shuttle era according to this report.

The last class of astronauts has already been warned that it's unclear whether any of them will fly during the shuttle era — which ends in five years. All face an uncertain future and development of the next-generation space vehicle could take until 2015.

"They knew very well that they arrived at the sunset of the shuttle and the dawn of the new vehicle and they may be exposed to the gap in between the two," Zamka said of the newest class of astronauts. "For the last classes, there has been an effort made to make sure they are informed as to what the wait may be like. And they come anyway."


Hmm. Not sure that's such a great roster situation for NASA.

'The Abortion Of Cool'
I've been putting up my album of 12 songs for the last 11 nights. Tonight I will be putting up the last track in the said collection.

I hope you drop by my page by clicking on the badge and having a listen to this round of offerings. If nothing else, all but one of the tracks so far have received good ratings from people who don't know me from a bar of soap. :) It's been really encouraging and liberating to have the music 'out there' rather than grabbing my friends one by one and forcing them to listen to stuff they wouldn't otherwise have picked for themselves (and that's the truth). That's not to say feedback from friends isn't appreciated, but that it's just been great to have the music out there without any pre-conceptions.

I don't exactly know what I'll do next music-wise as 'The Abortion Of Cool' has overlapped with the Coelacanth project greatly and my head is in a mess. I need to calm down a little, I think.

- Art Neuro

No comments:

Blog Archive