2004/10/09

Beheadings
I'm disgusted. I don't know where to point my disgust because it's not like there is a sensible target for this disgust. If anything, it is a nebulous, general disgust that spreads out in the general direction of 'over there' that keeps ruining my day.

Iraqi hostage-takers have beheaded Kenneth Bigley.

It's not the first civillian casualty, it's not even the first beheading; it's not like this was one special person. However, I feel this name-less, aimless disgust at how things have panned out. No amount of rhetoric is going to make me feel better about this outcome. History keeps repeating, over and over and over again.

-Art Neuro

1 comment:

DaoDDBall said...

I can't describe this as a consolation, I can't even fool myself into thinking it matters, but I suspect Mr Bigley had been executed a long time ago, the killers needed to find a time to ket everyone kknow that it had happened and wanted to see what they might achieve during the interegnum.

Blog Archive