2004/09/10

Mo' Moneyball
Here's another article, this time from the New York Times regarding 'Moneyball' main character, and Oakland Athletics' General Manager Billy Beane.The small-market miniscule Budget A's are winning in the AL West once again with an 81-58 record. On the subject of becoming the subject in the book, Billy Beane has this to say:

"Sure, I became the subject of criticism, and there were people who said my ego
had run amok," Beane said. "I went through the whole thing. But I didn't really care because those people talking about me didn't even know me. I still say that it was a great experience, a grounding experience, and I wouldn't trade it for anything."

It's a soft piece mainly because the New York Times was originally the paper who commissioned Micahel Lewis to write an article about the suprising Athletics three years ago. Even so, it's nice to know that the organisation is still running strong on its philosophies. The proof of any team is in the winning

- Art Neuro

No comments:

Blog Archive