2019/11/04

'Peaches'

Peaches'n'Cream

This song came out of the ashes of my time at University of Sydney. It felt like my life was burning down at any rate.

I'd had a bad breakup - true misery like you see in the movies. I really had to leave town and head down to Canberra to meet up with some mates from high school. They were having some kind of festival at this residential college and somehow I landed there with a guitar and a handful of songs. It was quite the refreshing experience in trying to reset my headspace in the hope of continuing with my studies. At the end of the weekend, I felt quite alright.

Then when I got back and walked into the faculty I was greeted with the sight of my ex making out with a student we used to laugh at. And it hit me that I couldn't really continue being there, hating the course, AND hating on the ex's new life choices. Something had to give and what broke was me.

All said and done, I managed to get this song out of that experience. That was something good that you could take away.



Come join the fun at Spotify.

No comments:

Blog Archive