2008/01/05

This Week's Natter

'Crashing By Design' - 101 Pages
Yeah. Kind of amazing to say this, but after fleshing out a few notes-only scenes and laying out the story outline in Script Format, the whole thing comes to 101 pages. Just looking at the story points, the first turning point comes a little late for me, as it sits at around page 40 instead of 30-35. Having said that, we have to introduce a lot, so its an area that needs looking.
Consequently, Act 2 is feeling a tad short.

The Second turning point where grand ma gets killed however, landed smack bang on page 85.
Are we good or what? :)
Given that the third act was always a little short, I'm pretty comfortable about the shape the script is in at First Words to paper stage. Having 10-15 pages to flesh stuff out is a fantastic luxury at this point - even though it may get cut back again.

Posting Music
I'm seriously contemplating leaving iCompositions. Either that or just go to minimum exposure.
It's been a good 3 years, but I also feel like I've done my dash. I've made some friends and I don't think I've made too many enemies. Lately, I'm finding that the Angry Fat Man is hyperactive on the site dispensing with his ignorance and hack efforts and I just can't take a site seriously when people are so accommodating of a charlatan.
So staring from 2008, I'm going to post my stuff further and wider. See what happens.

'Happiness Is Easy'
Also working on a manuscript for a book. More details on this later. :)

No comments:

Blog Archive