2005/12/06

Going To JAXA?

I Might Be There
Yes, I might be there for the 19th January launch at Tanegashima Space Centre. How? It goes like this: I got a call to research some Japanese civil engineering marvels and somewhere along the way, people got excited about Japan's space program.
So I may actually tag along to the crew who will cover Tanegashima Space Station and be there for the scheduled 19th Jan launch... with any luck. :)
Needless to say, I'm excited I might finally get to see a real live launch.

4 comments:

Avon Brandt said...

I hope you're being well paid for your trouble Art?

Not like that translation job!
Did they ever pay up?

Art Neuro said...

They may yet. It's still in the wrangling stage of reviews with the NSW Gov dept.
If they do pay up, it'll be like... all my of christmas for this year. If not, I'm looking at starvation alley between Dec 20 - Jan 10 until this job pays.

James said...

Don't stand too close to the rocket :)

Art Neuro said...

There's like a media sstation 3km away from where they shoot launches. We're trying to negotiate being inside the control tower to shoot everybody's response there as it goes up. But it may not come off.
JAXA amy tell us no, too complicated.
So it may well be the media observation centre 3km away.

Blog Archive