2005/04/03

The Ghostwriter, The Stuntman and The Body Double Girl
I'm putting up a new album of my latest musical stuff at iCompositions this month.
It's about a Hollywood Ghostwriter; except he has real life experience as a Private Eye - Think 'Hammett' starring Frederic Forrest, directed by Wim Wenders. A star in the mold of Marylin Monroe is found dead, the police announce it as a suicide, but it hides a dark, film noir secret that the Ghostwriter must uncover. Along the wya he is helped by the Stuntman and the Body Double Girl as they get closer to the identity of the mysterious film dircetor Alan Smithee.

I hope you enjoy the drama as it unfolds this month. Don't miss out!
All you gotta do is click on my badge on the right-hand column. :)

What The F...?
The MLB Season has kicked off.
The Yankees face the Red Sox. Apart from all the other reasons on the planet that I have a fan's stake in the proceedings, I just want to point out this truly, truly absurd thing.

Yankee Line Up du jour:
1. D. Jeter
2. A Rodriguez
3. G. Sheffield
4. Reuben Sierra
5. Hideki Matsui
6. J Posada
7. J Giambi
8 B Williams
9. T. Womack

I know the Bosox starter David Wells is a lefty and Reuben's a switch-hitter, but how on earth does this justify putting him ahead of Matsui, Posada, Giambi and Williams who have no problems hitting lefties; or for that matter cary a much heftier career OPS?
Hey Mr. Joe Torre, I don't get it. Please explain!!!!
As it is, Hideki Matsui and Jorge Posada have 2 hits for 3ABs a piece before the 7th inning and Reuben is hitless. Without a walk! This is not surprising, Joe. It was predicatable.
Go Yanks.

-----
Post Script. Subsequent to the game I found out the reason why Torre started Sierra in the clean-up hole waas because he had a career average of
.371 against David Wells . It just might be a mirage of small sample size.
-----


Fantasy League Update
The Jack Kerouac Memorial League also kicks into action as the MLB season begins. My life is suddenly alight with the wonder of baseball as well as creative endeavours. :)
My lineup this year is virtually identical to last years' thanks to having kept a bunch fo position players. Amazingly, I managed to pick up David Ortiz in he early rounds which off-sets some of the power outage I had last year.

C: V. Martinez
1B: D. Ortiz
2B : J. Vidro
SS: Captain Intangible D. Jeter.
3B: Aramis Ramirez (in his contract 'walk' year)
LF: Hideki Matsui
CF: Mark Kotsay/Vernon Wells
RF Aaron Rowand
Util: Craig Wilson

It's okay, but I don't project to enough Total Bases if Derek Jeter and Jose Vidro turn in slump-bunny seasons once more. And yet... My pitching is far more suspect this year (if such a thing is possible):

SP:
Mark Prior
Carlos Zambrano
Mike Mussina
Matt Clement
Livan Hernandez
Adam Eaton

RP (a.k.a. My assembled gaggle of mediocrities):
M. Gonzales
J. Affeldt,
CH Taso [DL],
M. Adams,
J Cruz(Oak)
J. Colome

I'm going to struggle for 'Saves' again with Jeremy Affeldt, Chin-Hui Tsao and Mike Adams *ugh*. :)

- Ar Neuro

No comments:

Blog Archive