2004/12/12

Tropfest Film
Amongst the things I vowed I'd never do and now I have done, is the production of a Tropfest film.

Here's my black-hatted-diatribe against Tropfest films. Tropfest promotes the asking of favours large and small. Most of the time, people ask dirty big favours that are in most instances disproportionate to what is owe to to them in order to make their 7-minute-maximum epic. It's essentially a ruse to make professionals work for nothing. It's a crappy little institution that rewards joke films, and so I was damned if I was going to help it out by heaven-forbid producing something for it.

What changed? Well this year, I accumulated some 'favour debts' to actors who kindly gave their time to doing 'Key Psycho' and one of them sincerely wanted to make an entry for this year as an exercise. She asked me to direct her film - and I tell you, I don't turn down directing gigs as a way of paying off favour debts. We developed a script in about a fortnight and went and scouted locations and shot it; and now it's reached the fine-cut.

Years ago, some dickhead told me that if one comes out of AFTRS, one is prone to making 'masturbation movies'. Well screw him, I am indeed a graduate of AFTRS. The Tropfest film is a love story about a woman who can make herself come without touching herself or using any implements; and a man who wanks constantly.

So in case you were wondering why I haven't been posting and what I was doing this week... That's what I've been up to.

- Art Neuro

2 comments:

James said...

The film will be a bit boring if she doesn't touch herself. You could always splice some stock footage in...

Art Neuro said...

Yeah, that's absolutely right if I were David Fincher. :)
FIGHT CLUB!!!! Operation Mayhem!!!
The film Rupert didn't want you to see!!!!

This little film is so-o-o-o not in that spirit though. :)

Blog Archive