2004/12/03

A Day Later...
I finally got onto BTF to find the Giambi thread had reached deep into the 400's. Half of it was tangential stuff about Alaskan mountains, but it made for an interesting read anyway. Part of the thing seemed to me that the "Is Barry Bonds juicing?"that always comes up in BTF threads have been so hashed out by all parties that nobody seemed to want to go through the motions once again. Reading it was as tiresome as re-reading newspapers from 2-3 years ago, looking for a stat.

I'm already over the initial Pavlov's (newshound) dog rush to find out what people think. They think what they always thought and were not willing to change their minds.

Some will argue that steroids doesn't help you get stronger or increase bat speed. What they miss is that most steroids help with recovery, enabling unnaturally greater cycles of exercise-training and recovery, which leads to putting on large amounts of muscle mass as well as not breaking down. In a 162 game season, the value of steroids is possibly higher than the value for say, a 100m sprinter with 40 meets a year.

As for the notion that the Yankees will void Giambi's contract, it seems unlikely, however my gut instinct tells me they might explore it in secret this winter as insurance against a great decline by Jason Giambi in 2005.

What I have Been Doing
I have been helping out the folks at the Japan Foundation in Sydney with their Japan FIlm Festival. I have been interpretting for their guests when they hit the stage and introdcue their movies. I did it last year and I'll probably do it again next year as it is a lot of fun.

It's sort of funny that at the end of the day, the part of my skill-set which most easily draws money and praise is my bilingual capability. It's funny and sad.

- Art Neuro

2 comments:

DaoDDBall said...

If you just think of it as an unwitting insult, it could look like one.

Visual Art is a good measure of cognitive development. Drawing is a skill that can be learned, but is often not taught.

Verbal presentation is no accident when uttered by a tradesman.

Perhaps what you find upsetting is that your other good work is not recognised.

Personally I find recognition overrated.

Art Neuro said...

BTF finished up with 716 comments on the Giambi thread.
Wow.

Blog Archive