2004/07/23

I'm Moving Again
Not this blog mind you.
I'm quitting on my domicile in Roseville. I'm quitting the Sydney property market. I'm crashlanding in the room of a friend's house. It's a little disconcerting, but the way I see it, at least I have that option and it's none too bad.

Actually, I feel kind of liberated from the demands of my mortgage. I don't think I was much for one to pay mortgage on a steady income for 30 years. That stuff just depresses the hell out of me. That might mean that I'll never be in a position to buy a piece of real estate again, but them's the breaks. Right now, it just feels like it belongs in the too hard basket. It's not like you can take that with you when you die.

I've noticed the lady downstairs from my unit is selling hers. She's put in a lot of work into her courtyard garden, but she's decided to sell up for whatever reason. Yesterday I saw a for sale sign on her car and I realised that maybe she needs the cash badly. That was kind of depressing. Anyway, it's just one of life's ups and downs. I feel quite okay about it and if anything freer to do whatever I like.  

As it is, I have a priority of trying to finish 'Key Psycho' by the end of the year, so less financial pressure is good. :)

- Art Neuro

2 comments:

DaoDDBall said...

I think you are doing a wise thing. I think the property market is slowing down, and I don't expect it to pick up for another dozen years or so in the way it has risen recently. I think that shares are a buy .. :)

In your case, I wouldn't let the little things get in the way of your creative vision. Anyone that remembers you tomorrow as you are today will know you to be an artist that suffered for art. They'll be kinder in the memory for your work than your struggle.

You are welcome to stay here too, if you need to. No rent. Share bills. I suspect Braithwood is better, though ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind offer. I'm amazed everybody's been so great. I guess I shouldn't be *amazed*, but it has been a lot of expression of support, and that expression alone has given me strength and optimism. Thanks Mr. W. Thanks guys.

Blog Archive