2004/07/07

Absence
I keep meaning to write something while the Space news has dried up, but I seem to be low on inspiration, short on inspiration and generally caught up in the machinations of day-to-day life. As for Space stuff, it's not exactly brimming with news, so I'm going to go a little personal today.

'Key Psycho' Update
I have temporarily suspended the post-production of 'Key Psycho' in favour of doing some translation work which is eating out my mind. It's stressful and demanding and I realise now that there is no way I want the job of a translator as a regular gig. Nobody has enough dough to make me do this for a living.

There still remains 1 day of principal photography but also a day of second unit shots like sky, bush, trees, and road. I'm trying to think of a cool way to open the movie but I still haven't decided whether I want to do the parody of the 'Key Largo' opening introductory scroll of writing (which is a bit too old fashioned for my taste) or whether to just jump into it like any other ordinary film.

Job Search Update
No news is bad news. The trend is that I don't even get to interviews on everything I've ever applied for in the last few months. This is staggering because I think I've now applied for 50 or so jobs. Some of course had nothing to do my expertise any way, but I applied any way because I figured I'd better apply for something than nothing.

Knee Update
The fucker still hurts after 9 weeks. I'm on glucosamine and chondroitin, and it always feels like it's improving, but this week, it's just hurt in the cold weather. Fucking sucks.

Baseball Update
Here's a miscellaneous kind of entry. Let's see now. The guys in my B-1 squad for the Ku-Ring-Gai Stealers are still leading their league but the team is currently injury plagued. They might have to go into the finals with only 8 people if things go wrong further. However the good news is they are winning. Much like the NY Yankees.

Yes, if you must know, the New York Yankees are kicking butt and lead the majors in wins. Our man living the life of dreams, Derek Jeter, had a spectacular June whereby he raised his average up to .277; almost respectable, really. His heroics have contributed to my fantasy baseball team, which is finally contending after a disastrous start. Maybe I'll finish in the top 3 after all. For a while it look ed like I was going to finish in the bottom 3.

That is about it.

- Art Neuro

No comments:

Blog Archive