2014/10/22

Woz Comes To Sydney

Does This Mean Sydney Has Hit The Hi-Tech Big Time?

Whoah!
Yes, that Steve Wozniak is coming to work and live in Sydney. He wasn't kidding when he said he liked the NBN so much he wanted to live here. I thought he was being flattering and nice, but no, the man who started Apple Computers with the late Steve Jobs is coming to Sydney.
Apple co-founder Steve "Woz" Wozniak is set to join the University of Technology, Sydney, in December as an adjunct professor. 
He will become a key part of the UTS "Magic Lab", the university's centre for innovation and enterprise research, which conducts research into robotics and artificial intelligence. 
Mr Wozniak has harboured intentions of moving to Australia since 2012, when he said he was going through the process of becoming an Australian citizen, according to Gizmodo. 
"I am under way to becoming an Australian citizen. That's a little known fact," he said. 
"Turns out that I get to keep my American citizenship and I intend ... to call myself an Australian and feel Australian and study the history and become as much of a real citizen here as I can."

I have to tell you this news makes me feel great, and I don't know why. It has absolutely nothing to do with me, it certainly won't stop the Coalition Government from trying to dumb down the NBN, but hey, it's Steve Wozniak! It's so cool!

Welcome to Sydney Mr. Wozniak!

No comments:

Blog Archive