2009/06/27

Malcolm's Malcontents

This Can't Be A Coincidence Can It?

It's interesting how within a week of politics we saw Peter Costello call it quits, and Malcolm Tunrbull blow himself up with the fake e-mail case. I've been thinking about this a bit as you know and I'm guessing now that the attack on the Prime Minster was most likely discussed by the Senior Libs at some point. My guess is that Peter Costello took one look at what Malcolm Turnbull was pushing for and decided he wanted no part of it. He may have even been defiant and pointed in his objection, but no matter, Turnbull was going to go for it.

I would imagine Peter Costello would have said, "you can't go ahead if you haven't verified the e-mail."

To which Turnbull might have replied, "mate, it's from my secret mole in the Treasury, it's true blue legit."

"Yes," Peter Costello might have asked, "but how can you verify this thing?"

To which Malcolm Turnbull would have said, "you can't, because if you asked for verification, we'd tip our fucking hand to the Government."

"So you don't have any real verification, do you?" Costello would have said.

"But it come from a trusted source," Turnbull would have declared.

At which point I imagine Costello would have rolled his eyeballs and said "Mate, if you're doing this, then I'm out."

"what do you mean out? You're a back-bencher already!" Turnbull might have said.

"I'm quiting politics if you're going ahead with this stupid plan."

"Fine, I'll have your resignation in the morning!" Tunrbull might have said, and so Costello kicked off the week by calling it quits.

What I'm conjecturing is that it's no coincidence that these 2 events took place in the same week. Which leads me to my next observation, just how long will the Libs take of this punishment before they dump Mr. Turnbull and beg Mr. Costello to stay on?

No comments:

Blog Archive