2007/10/29

Oh Crap

Part 1: A-Rod Opts Out

Well, now we know. No matter which way you slice it, A-Rod was always going to be about the money. Can't blame him really.
So good luck to you A-Rod, and all the best. The Yankees will still be the Yankees without you; and thanks for all the memories, good and bad.

Part 2: Red Sox Win World Series *Ugh*
Look, I don't have it in me to say anything nice, so I'll just shut up.

Part 3: Here Comes the Rebuild I have to admit, I'm a little irked that A-Rod is gone. I don't know how you replace that much value. I think the 2008 Yanks are going to be a 85-88win team without him. The Bosox are going to be a 90-95 win team for sure, so it's going to be a tough off-season.

Here's the head-count:
Who's on First?: Still Giambi and caddy (mink again?)
Who's on Second? Robbie Cano
Who's on Short? St. Derek
Who's on Third? Wilson Betemit, but who will hit from the other side as he's pretty vulnerable to Lefties.
Who's in Left? Johnny Damon and Hideki Matsui
Who's in Center?: Melky Cabrera
Who's in Right?: It's looking like Bobby Abreu is coming back for one last time around as the Yankees will exercise his option.
Who's Catching?: Hopefully Jorge Posada; plus caddy.
Who's DH?: Matsui, Damon and Shelley Duncan.

Yeah... Suddenly A-Rod is looking like a huge hole. The best thing to come out of this is that the Yankees would get a pretty spectacular draft compensation for A-Rod opting out. I think we pin our hopes on that guy to come in and be the next superstar. :)

No comments:

Blog Archive