2007/07/30

Fantasy Teams Report

AFL Turning It Around Late
It's too late now, but my team has just strung together 3 wins on the trot. Judging by the for and against record, my team would have been 8th out of 16th at this juncture if not but for 2 unlucky match-ups. So seeing that there is underlying strength I'm looking forward to the Losers Cup play-off rounds. Heck, last year's Loser Cup winner is killing it in the no1 spot this year, so who knows?

Jack Kerouac Memorial League
The Combat Wombats are still limping around in 6th. Most interestingly, the bad News Bears have pulled all their players hoping to come last in order to pick first at the draft next year. I think I'm the opposite kind of player in the sense that I want to go right down to the wire of 30th September and not care about next year's draft at all. After all, my team looks nothing like the team I drafted by the time each year May rolls around. It's normal for me to chop and change. I understand the truly valuable players can only be had in certain rounds, but at the same time, those guys are gone by the end of the season.

Anyway... Just wanted to gloat about my starting pitching staff, which is looking like this:
John Maine
Ted Lilly
Cole Hamels
Felix Hernandez
Tim Lincecum
Matt Garza
...with Phil Hughes coming off the DL sometime soon.

All of these guys had a week where they each won 1 game, struck out roughly 1.0/IP, except for Matt Garza who today struck out 11 in 6.0IP. Even King Felix had an outing befitting his nickname If you were a GM somewhere, I'd say you'd be salivating at having that rotation going forward, but what the hey - it's only Fantasy League. So having traded away Santana for Dice-K and then swapped him out for Derrek Lee, I'm not exactly feeling that pain right now.

The hitting on the other hand is still atrocious.

No comments:

Blog Archive