2006/03/28

Fantasy Season Starts Soon

That's right. I'm returning as the Commissioner of 'The Jack Kerouac Memorial League', managing my team ''Combat Wombats'. Draft night went well and my squad consists of my trusty Captain DJ and a cast of the usual miscast types:

Catcher - Kenji Johjima
1B - Nick Johnson
2B - Chase Utley
3B - David Wright
SS - Derek Jeter
LF - Hideki Matsui
CF - Brian Giles
RF - Chad Tracy
Utility - Ryan Freel
Bench - Lyle Overbay & Placido Polanco
I'm worried about Johjima who is going to play in Safeco; it's not going to help his numbers at all.

SP - Johan Santana, Felix Hernandez, Jon Lieber, Esteban Loaiza, Brett Myers
RP - Mariano Rivera, Huston Street, Trevor Hoffman, Kyle Farnsworth, Scott Eyre, Rudy Saenez
...in a league that counts Saves, and Holds.

I feel good. I sort of need a big bat somewhere, or hope Matsui hits like 2004.

On top of that PJ of 'Remote Control Society' has signed me up to his Aussie Rules fantasy league. It's a league with a salary cap so you end up drafting scrubs but I'm looking forwards to this squad:

Backs: Luke Hodge, Chad Cornes, Dane Swan, Matt Egan, 4 scrubs
Centres: Kane Cornes, Ben Cousins, Nick Dal Santo, Chad Fletcher.
Rucks: Peter Everitt, Dean Cox, Jeff White, 1 scrub.
Forward: Warren tredrea, Barry Hall, Fraser Gehrig (I'm a Yankee fan, I can't pass up some goal-kicking guy called Gehrig!), Mark Williams, 2 scrubs and a future star called Mitchell Clark.

I know next to nothing baout these guys except Luke Hodge is a kind of A-Rod of AFL, if you get my drift. Oddly enough I think I'm in it with a chance.

No comments:

Blog Archive