2022/04/23

Dinosaur Remains On The Moon

Speaking Of Dinosaurs...

I've had COVID-19. No it wasn't my very own personal extinction event because here I am typing this stuff. 

Anyway, as I started to recover bit by bit, I had this hazy bit of time where I could sit upright but do not much more than watch stuff. And I would be like that only because after 3 days of laying flat on my back in bed, my whole back got sore. So it was better to sit up at the computer and watch something - and that is how I came to watch the entire 3 episodes of 'The Beatles: Get Back'. 

I'll try and write more about it in the coming days but the short version is it's like wading through unedited footage in parts, even though Peter Jackson cut it down from something like 60 hours of raw footage. Because it was Peter Jackson, it could only come down to 8 hours something, which seems to be the duration to which Jackson makes his magnum opuses. 

Do I love it? Parts of it, yes. Do I hate it? Maybe the parts where they interminably work out material and then go in disjointed jams on covers. It's clearly about the extending and exploring the process The Beatles had in creating their material, but at the same time it could've been a punchy 3 hours and we'd be no less enlightened to the vibe. The most moving bit is the rooftop concert because suddenly they come into focus under the glare of the public, and they play really tight after spending 8 hours of the documentary not really getting it together. 

Anyway, I'll write more on it in another entry. For now, I just feel like I've seen the very dinosaur remains on the moon as postulated. 


Come Join The Fun!

No comments:

Blog Archive